10 MEDIA MENTIONS
1. Every Child Deserves to Play: Camp Zeitouna Helps the Youngest Syrian Refugees by Ehsan Zaffar for Huffington Post on August 11, 2013
Karam Foundation was one of the first organizations to work on the ground. Our first Innovative Education mission trip was to Atmeh IDP Camp – one of the largest camps for internally displaced people in Syria.
2. How to help Syrian refugees? These groups you may not know are doing important work by Jared Goyette for PRI.org on September 03, 2015
Amid the growing refugee crisis and after the photo of Aylan Kurdi went viral, PRI published a list of 6 smaller organizations focused on supporting Syrian refugees. Karam was listed as number 5.
3. Wartime Entrepreneurs: 50 Syrian Women Find a Way to Export Aleppo’s Famous Soap to the US by Elizabeth MacBride for Forbes on November 29, 2015
Karam's Scents of Syria line was featured in Forbes twice (also in 2016 – article linked here). Here, you learn more about the women's collective that this initiative supports and get a chance to hear from Jehan who founded Ghar.
4. These 2 essays on the power of giving will get you pumped to go out and make a difference by Evan Porter on December 15, 2015
Karam ambassador and mentor, Kenan Rahmani was one of the winners for the #MyGivingStory essay contest. His winning story where he shared his experience as a Karam mentor.
5. War on the Innocents: Syrian Humanitarian Crisis by Nicole Pellaton for Phillips Exeter Academy on February 26, 2016
Karam Foundation CEO and Co-Founder, Lina Sergie Attar was invited to the Robbins Memorial Symposium to speak on a panel about Syria alongside Robert Ford at Phillips Exeter Academy.
6. Syrian children in Turkey heal through storytelling by Wendy Pearlman for PBS on March 2, 2016
Northwestern professor and author, Wendy Pearlman shares her experience as a Karam mentor who spent a week leading a workshop on journalism for Syrian refugee youth in Turkey.
7. How Can I Help People in Aleppo? 10 Charities Working to Provide Food, Shelter, Medicine, and Education to Syrians by Sarah Ann Harris for Huffington Post UK December 16, 2016
Karam was one of the first organizations responding to the crisis in Aleppo, when nearly 100,000 civilians were forcibly evacuated from their homes. Karam was listed as 1 of 10 organizations providing emergency aid to displaced people.
8. Star Wars actor Riz Ahmed and the cofounder of Propercorn have raised over $85,000 for Syria by Oscar Williams-Grut for Business Insider on January 19, 2017
In December 2016, actor Riz Ahmed and cofounder of Propercorn, Ryan Kohn led an online crowdfunding campaign to raise funds to support Karam's emergency aid efforts for families that were forcibly evacuated from their home in Aleppo. The campaign raised over $170,000.
9. Chelsea Handler headlining Chicago fundraiser for Syrian refugee programs by Tracy Swartz for Chicago Tribune on May 3, 2017
On May 5, 2017 Karam hosted a luncheon with comedian, talkshow host, and author, Chelsea Handler who is a longtime supporter and advocate for Syrian refugees.
10. Karam Foundation Spreads Hope for Syrians by Steve Sadin for Daily Northshore on August 19, 2017
Karam's Communications Intern, Maliha Yousuf shared her experience as a member of the Karam team. She and Karam's Director of Communications, Roya Naderi and CEO/Co-Founder, Lina Sergie Attar discuss Karam's mission and programs in greater detail.