DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Lake Forest, IL | Full-time
The Director of Development will take lead responsibility for Karam Foundation’s development through building and implementing a fundraising strategy, managing online campaigns, grants, major gifts and event fundraising, and maintaining strong relationships with individual and institutional donors.
- Work closely with CEO to ensure that Karam’s fundraising efforts are aligned with Karam’s budget, long-term development, and organizational growth
- Assist CEO in developing and implementing Karam’s major gift donor list and converting one-time donors to long-time donors.
- Create and implement an annual fundraising plan that grows and retains Karam’s large list of donors, working closely with the staff and board members
- Research and implement the most useful fundraising tools and tactics to grow Karam’s fundraising efforts.
- Manage all fundraising efforts including: events, online campaigns, grants, and major gift donors, working closely with the volunteers, staff and board members
- Research and apply to grants and awards while continuously updating content for grants, Karam’s website, and donor related documents.
- Work closely with programming committee to update program budgets and reporting for grants.
- Communicate with and maintain a strong relationship with individual and institutional donors and reporting program updates and impact. This includes preparing content for documents including brochures, newsletters and annual reports.
- Maintain Karam’s donor database on Salesforce to ensure accuracy of donation history
- Manage and perform basic maintenance on Karam’s online donation and fundraising platforms
- Manage Development staff as needed
- Representing Karam in meetings with donors, consultants, auditors, speaking engagements, media or other third parties when needed.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Board of Directors, CEO, or Director of Operations
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-year experience in nonprofit development preferred
- An incredible passion for our mission
- Profound written and communication skills, articulate and persuasive
- Excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of Karam Foundation as a whole.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
40 hours per week.
Compensation based on experience.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form (see right) and email a resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.