Director of finance
Lake Forest, IL | Full-time
AS DIRECTOR OF FINANCE, YOU WILL BE WORKING DIRECTLY WITH THE CEO, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AS WELL AS OTHER KARAM TEAM MEMBERS. YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE OVERALL SUCCESS OF THE ORGANIZATION BY MANAGING KARAM FOUNDATION’S FINANCES, DEVELOP FINANCIAL STRATEGIES PLANNING, AND ENJOY A COLLABORATIVE TEAMWORK CULTURE.
Management of financial accounts
- Managing accounting and bookkeeping in Quickbooks and generating spreadsheets from third party platforms (Chase, Razoo, PayPal, Square, Strip, MoonClerk, Fundraisers, etc.)
- Entering donor and donation information into Salesforce databases.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Income Tax, Goods and Service Tax, Employer Health Tax.
- Overseeing Karam's Chart of Accounts (assisting each transaction to appropriate account). Working with Quickbooks consultants and accountants.
- Manage Accounting Clerk, consultants, staff and other subordinates who are delegated to work on financial matters.
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate matter
- Setting up payroll and direct deposit for all staff and independent contractors
- Running the payroll/issuing checks
Processing reimbursements and Payments
- Collecting all relevant forms and receipts and filing them appropriately as well as issuing the actual reimbursements.
- Processing invoices and issuing payments on behalf of Karam.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Preparing detailed quarterly and yearly Financial Reports to be reviewed by the Treasurer and CEO, as well as the Karam Board.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the CEO, the Director of Operations, and external auditors as necessary.
- Working with Karam Staff to use the data from the Financial Reports to prepare reports designed for donors and general public.
- Communicating periodically with the Karam's Treasurer and accountant as may be needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Reporting on financial matters to the Board of Directors, upon request, with reasonable advance notice.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Coordinating Smart Aid projects inside Syria including the Milk4Syria Project and other projects in Binnish, Syria.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong mathematical/finance skills
Lake Forest, IL
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
40 hours per week.
Compensation based on experience.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form (see right) and email a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com.