KARAM HOUSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE MENTOR
Reyhanli, Turkey | Full-time
AS The English Language Mentor at karam house, you will teach English language to the community members of Reyhanli, Turkey through creative workshops, courses, and activities. you will have the opportunity to work with syrian refugees as well as coordinate and facilitate virtual learning sessions with international mentors across the world.
- Co-developing an English Language curriculum with creative activities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons
- Preparing teaching materials
- Mentor beneficiaries to improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Checking and assessing beneficiaries work
- Coordinate virtual learning sessions & workshops with international mentors
- Provide additional English language mentoring to students and staff
- Weekly reporting
- Providing English translation services as needed (written + oral)
- Attending professional development training as needed
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in English Literature, Creative Writing, or other relevant fields.
- Native English speaker (preferred)
- Excellent spoken and written language skills, with English and Arabic
- 3-5 years experience in teaching or working with youth
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Clear diction
- Creativity and willingness to learn
- Good team member
- Competence in Google Drive (documents, spreadsheets)
1+ year(s) preferred
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
40 hours per week.
Compensation based on experience.
Please fill out the form and email your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line "English Language Mentor Application."